Monday, December 3, 2007

Why I love Message Boards....


Freaking hystercial....


I've never contributed to message boards until the whole Stacy Peterson case broke. And now I'm like a damn addict. It's funny. It is totally a lifestyle. I've been on the Greta Van Susteren board for a few weeks and here's a quick synopsis of what that looks like...


I would say there are about 45 regulars or so, consisting of mostly women in their 50's, about 10 local housewives (myself included), 3 men, and for the most part its us playing Nancy Drew and bouncing facts, opinios and theories off eachother. Pretty mundane stuff, butt occasionally you get the post...


"hi so and so, how's your 134 cats? did you get my Chicken pot pie recipe I emailed you yesterday?"


Cracks me up. Here we are sifting through evidence, etc running forensic experiments in our basements, and that random stuff pops up.


Another personal favorite?


"Hi, I'm new here so forgive me if this has already been posted, but isn't there a Starbucks in Bolingbrook?"


Then the usual answer,


"Yes so and so. Nutty McGetalife posted at 12:06am 10/30/07 that there are currently 3 Starbucks in Bolingbrook. I have posted a link on google earth for you to view. DUH!"


And finally...the TROLLS.


I love the trolls! There the guys...usually. Probably sick of the dishes piling up in the sink and laundry not being folded that get on the board and post things like....


"Drew is innocent. there is no body. Can't arrest a guy for wanting a younger piece of tail."


This gets the henhouse a buzzin! within 90 seconds there are 300 posts screaming at the troll. A googlemaster has tracked his ISP to his house and the hens are organizing an attack.


I love it...it's great fun in the burbs.


j.

No comments:

See, I think I am genius and should have my own 1-hour cable news show. For God's Sake GERALDO is on the air still. But since even Fox News isn't calling I'll just spew the commentary and the awesomeness here...